Top 10 essentials for Glastonbury!
For those of you lucky enough to have a ticket to Glastonbury festival this year, we have complied a list of the top 10 must haves for the Average Jane!
1. Wellies: come rain or shine, they’re always a necessity! You might think if it’s sunny you’ll be fine, but 135,000 people partying in the same field will make it verrry muddy, so swap your flip flops for wellies and you’ll thank us later! Joules and Hunter have a fab selection.
2. Dry Shampoo: ah yes, we understand that most of you will refrain from having a shower for five days at the festival, and this will take a toll on your hair! To stop the not-so-sexy greasy look, grab a can of dry shampoo, it will not only look nicer but feel nicer too!
3. Hand Hygiene Gel: If we’ve learnt anything from our time at Glastonbury, the toilets aren’t the cleanest of places! Whilst most portaloos/long drop spots have hygiene gel stocked up, it’s always good to carry a little bottle in your bag.
4. Wet wipes: some people choose to get up early and head to the shower spots, but let’s be honest, it’s a massive effort and most of us carry out a cheeky wet wipe wash in the tent instead!
5. Sun cream: When it’s ridiculously hot and sunny (it could happen!) you’ll need to have some suncream! Seriously important if the lobster look isn’t for you!
6. Portable charger: These are absolutely fantastic to charge an iPhone, as we all know, the battery life is rubbish! It will also mean you wont have to waste any time standing in the recharge tent. Check out this selection from Amazon.
7. Cheap phone: If however you worry about dropping your flashy phone in Glasto mud, leave it at home and bag yourself a cheap phone that you can add credit onto. Tesco have a great pay-as-you-go range with some phones costing less than a tenner!
8. Sunglasses: Who knows, maybe this year it’ll be sunny! Get yourself a pair of super sunglasses for the festival, not only are they a fab accessory, they’re also handy to cover up tired eyes! Have a look at our Summer Sunnies post for some inspiration.
9. Fun Poncho: I’m sure we’ll all be praying to the Sun gods before Glasto for a rain-free festival, but sometimes they have been known to let us down. But, not to worry, grab yourself a fun poncho. We like this funky floral poncho from Filthy Fox!
10. Compact mirror: We never go to a festival without one, great for putting on make up- whether that’s normal or festival style! We love this Cath Kidston pink spotty one from John Lewis.
Are you off to Glastonbury? Let us know! @tweetjanes