The Ultimate Mojito
Some say true love only happens once in your life. After much soul searching, endless dating and one too many dreadful mistakes, I started to accept that I would never find true happiness.
The proverb states that the darkest hour of the night is always before the dawn. Ladies this was a dark time. But my, was that wise proverb right. Sunlight hit me like a big glittery slap in the face. I had found it. The ultimate mojito recipe. True and irrevocable love.
It is with pride and pleasure that I share this with you now, ahem…
Perfect Mojito Ingredients
- Granulated brown sugar
- A fair few, juicy limes
- Havana 3 ans (year) Rum
- Sugar or Gomme Syrup (white granulated sugar dissolved in hot water until cooled and syrupy will do the trick)
- Fresh mint leaves
- Crushed ice
You will also need:
- A 25ml measure (guessing is also fun but this is my favourite sort of science)
- High glass(es)
- Muddler & Stirrer
To concoct the Ultimate Mojito
So this is a ‘building’ cocktail which means you DO NOT use a cocktail shaker. Just follow the steps below to your Ultimate Mojito:
- Slice your lime into 8 segments. Put 4 in the bottom of your glass
- Add 2 tsps of the brown sugar
- Add the slightest dash of soda
- Use your muddler to squish the lime and sugar together forming a nice juicy base
- Add a small handful of mint leaves (8 should do it)
- Add some crushed ice to fill just over half the glass
- Pour over 37.5ml (1 and half shots) of Havana 3 ans and 25ml of sugar or gomme syrup
- Take your stirrer and give it a good whirling!
- Fill to just below the top with more crushed ice
- Pour in the soda to fill your glass
- Decorate with a lime wedge, mint sprig and straw
Add more syrup, lime or rum depending on your taste.
For a virgin mojito use apple juice instead of rum and add a shot of vanilla syrup! Yum.
Ingredients and skills you should not be without for the upcoming BBQ season, your guide to the Ultimate Mojito
Please, ladies, share the love.