Simple Homemade Cocktails
Whether you’ve got a bunch of friends coming round or you’re having a date night in, there’s nothing better than mixing up some tasty cocktails for everyone to enjoy.
Here at Janes we are huge fans of indulging in a cocktail or three, but when it comes to creating our own, we’re a little bit lazy. Most of the time we’ll just opt for a simple Gin & Tonic, (you can classify that as a cocktail right!?) but really, with the right tools, lots of different cocktails are easy to make.
So when Drink Stuff got in touch with us about testing out one of their Copper Cocktail Kits, we were over the moon!
COPPER BARWARE KIT
Drink Stuff’s Copper Barware kit contains everything you’ll need to create your own tasty cocktails from the comfort of your kitchen.
Delivered in a gorgeous blue gift tube, this set is ideal for any budding mixologists or beginners looking to shake up a martini or a mojito.
The set contains a copper Professional Boston Cocktail Shaker, Copper Twisted Mixing Spoon, two different strainers, two sizes of thimble measure, a muddler and bar blade.
CREATE YOUR OWN COCKTAILS!
Prosecco cocktails are all the rage these days, but for those of you who like us, have a soft spot for gin, we are going to teach you how to recreate Gin and Mint Pressés with the cocktail kit.
They’re super easy to make, all you need to do is buy the following ingredients and follow the simple method:
- 50ml gin
- Two sprigs of fresh mint
- 1cm thick slice fresh cucumber, quartered
- 100m chilled elderflower pressé
- Small mint sprig and thin lemon slice to garnish
- Optional dash of lemon juice for more ‘bite’!
- Place the gin, mint and cucumber pieces in the bottom of a the cocktail shaker, and stir for a minute.
- Grab the muddler and squash down the mint and cucumber to bruise them well and release their juices.
- Use the strainer to pour the concoction into two tumblers containing a bunch of ice cubes.
- Finally, top up with spritzy elderflower pressé and garnish with mint and lemon.
Get your own Copper Barware kit from Drink Stuff for £29.99.
Be sure to also check out their fantastic range of other Copper Cocktail Sets. Many of them come with a handy cocktail recipe book, so all the hard work is done for you!
Do you enjoy making cocktails at home? Tweet us your cocktail pictures! @tweetjanes