not so average Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake
Summer is fast approaching and the bikini diets are being executed but what’s the point of being good all the time? We all need a bit of naughtiness and this is the ultimate fix. Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake. If you really can’t veer off track even for this beauty then make it for a dinner party or a birthday cake with a difference. Watching loved ones enjoy it and shower you in culinary compliments is almost as good as eating it. We said almost.
Perfect Chocolate Fudge Cake Ingredients
- 75g unsalted butter (more if needed)
- 250g hobnobs
- 250g Cadbury Chocolate Fudge Bars
- 600ml Double Cream
- 250g Philadelphia
*Optional: Fresh raspberries/ strawberries/blueberries/ chopped fudge or shaved chocolate to decorate
And the following tools:
- A deep, 8 inch circular tin
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling pin or other battering utensil
To concoct the perfect Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake
- Place butter in saucepan and melt over a gentle heat
- Put hobnobs into a mixing bowl and batter until finely and evenly crumbled (Tip: Try placing the biscuits into a tie-sandwich bag to aid kitchen cleanliness. Then really go to town)
- Add biscuit creation to melted butter. Use wooden spoon to really work it together (If it is really dry after a good whirl add a tiny bit more melted butter)
- Line tin with silver foil ensuring foil is completely pressed against tin and overlaps the edges (This is to make cheesecake removal an easier process)
- Again using wooden spoon press the biscuit firmly into the tin to form a solid biscuit base. Place in fridge
- Grate the chocolate fudge bars. Chop one up to sprinkle over biscuit base pre-cream layering
- Whisk the double cream until thick
- Stir in the Philly
- Stir in all the grated fudge to create a dream of cream. The more you stir the better
- Spoon onto your solid biscuit base and spread over evenly
- Place in fridge overnight
- Resist ALL night!
- Remove from fridge just before serving. Ease the foil out of the tin and tear away from your masterpiece. For a dinner party desert cut into pieces and decorate as required
Warning: This will be seriously sweet so added cream and ice cream probably won’t be required.
Enjoy with sweet satisfaction and let those culinary compliments unfold…
Leave a comment or tweet a pic to let us know how it goes.