National Breakfast Week: our fave recipes!
Nothing kick starts the day like a good breakfast – it’s a little moment for yourself in the morning, giving you fuel for the day ahead. It’s also a great way to wake up your metabolism before you’ve even left the house. This week (24-30 January) is National Breakfast Week. So to get in the spirit we thought we’d share some of our favourite breakfast recipes – and we’ve thrown in a bonus new one too. Have a read below.
Perk up your weekday mornings with some of these breakfast treats.
National Breakfast Week: Shake Up Your Wake Up
Coconut and Raisin Granola – Rhian
I just can’t get enough of this recipe. Making up a huge batch at the beginning of the week and having it there to tuck into every morning is so handy. This granola can be easily adapted to your tastebuds, add in sunflower seeds for extra crunch or dried apricots for a fruitier flavour. It is a great healthy alternative to shop-bought granola which is typically packed full of sugar. You have to give this Coconut and Raisin granola a go!
See how to make your own quick, simple coconut and raisin granola.
Feta & Tomato Eggs – Becky
This is a really simple, tasty breakfast – perfect for perking up scrambled eggs or using up tomatoes from the back of your fridge! It’s creamy and delicious but relatively healthy – eggscellent!
Check out the recipe for Feta & Tomato eggs.
Beautiful Breakfast Bircher – Soph
This is a night before mash-up, so you’ll feel super prepped and ready when you whack this out – giving you plenty more time to grabble an outfit together (because you haven’t ironed that shirt you were supposed to do last week! We’ve all been there, girl!).
- Small tupperware with lid
- 3 tbsp of organic, jumbo, rolled oats
- 3 tbsp of Chia seeds
- Handful of nuts: Pumpkin, sunflower, poppy, anything and everything you like
- Big dollop of honey
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Splash of lemon
- Almond Milk (I prefer unsweetened) to cover mixture
- Mixture of fresh fruit
- If I’m running I like to add 3 tbsp of Breakfast protein powder too!)
- Mix the oats, Chia seeds, nuts, honey, cinnamon and lemon in your tupperware
- Pour over the Almond Milk to well cover the oat mix and stir
- Place lid on and leave over night to brew…
- In the morning, transfer to a bowl and give it a good stir, adding any chopped, fresh fruit you like.
On the go? Leave it in your tupperware and take it avec. Don’t you just love tupperware!
This one will give you a fantastic kick start to the day… enjoy!
Lazy blueberry pancakes – Becky
Ideal for a lazy weekend brunch, smother these beauties in lashings of maple syrup and devour at your leisure!
Check out our recipe for easy blueberry pancakes,
Trying any of these recipes? Share your pics with us @tweetjanes!