Get baking for BBC Children in Need!
With BBC Children in Need just around the corner (13th November), it’s time to start thinking about different ideas for fundraising! We all put our heads together here at Janes HQ and we decided one of the most fun and easiest options is to have a bake sale.
Of course the simplest option would be to go out and buy the cakes, but where’s the fun in that! So don your apron and whip up something tasty for your workmates, friends or family.
10 STEP BAKE SALE CHECKLIST
1. Decide where and when to have the bake sale, and get your friends involved!
2. Promote your event with colourful posters, get some free ready-made ones here.
3. Look official by buying bunting/stickers from the Children in Need shop.
4. Get baking!
5. Bring in the money, ask for donations per slice of cake rather than individually pricing everything – it’ll make the process much easier!
6. At office bake sales, make sure everyone knows the cakes are there, we all have that friend who forgets.
7. If there’s too many cakes at the end, auction them off or offer people takeaway cake boxes.
8. Count up and pay in your money before Friday 13th November to contribute towards the Appeal Night total. Don’t forget to send the donation form too, for the all-important extra 25% gift aid.
9. Send a group thank you email, or make posters for everyone who donated.
10. Pat yourself on the back and know you have helped the life of a child in need.
For those Janes who are baking newbies, don’t worry, we have tried and tested some fantastic recipes that are extremely easy to make:
If you would like more fundraising information, head to the BBC Children in Need website.
What are you doing to show your support for Children in Need? Let us know! @tweetjanes