3 fresh cocktails for Spring
Spring has finally sprung and we are celebrating the warmer weather by doing what we do best, drinking a cocktail! We have scoured the web for some tasty cocktail recipes you can make at home without breaking the bank.
To get you started, here are three of our favourite, easy cocktail recipes. We’ve kept them simple – but if you fancy showing off your best shaking skills, then we say go for it!
3 SPRING COCKTAILS YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME:
Lillet Rose Spring Cocktail
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 12 ounces Lillet Rose
- 12 ounces Ruby Red grapefruit juice
- 6 ounces gin
- 6 edible flower blossoms (optional)
- Combine 6 ounces of Lillet, 6 ounces grapefruit juice, 3 ounces gin, and ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake until well chilled.
- Strain and divide cocktail among 3 stemmed cocktail glasses. Repeat.
- Garnish with flowers and serve up immediately!
Green Tea Mojito
Prep time: 10 mins
Ingredients:2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
8 large mint leaves
4 teaspoons sugar
1 cup brewed green tea, chilled
2 ounces white rum
- Muddle the lime juice, mint and sugar together in a glass until the leaves bruise lightly and the flavours release.
- Add ice until glass is about 3/4 full and then pour in rum and green tea. Stir thoroughly.
If you want to serve it as a pitcher drink, simply multiply the ingredients by the number of guests and refrigerate the mixture.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Serves: 1 pitcher, about 8 servings
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate (available at ASDA)
- 10 strawberries (or 12 if you’re using smaller ones from the farmer’s market or your backyard.)
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups tequila (gold or silver)
- Empty the limeade concentrate into a pitcher. Add 2 1/2 cans of water and 1 1/2 (18 ounces, or 2 1/4 cups) cans of tequila (or a bit less, if you don’t want your drinks to be quite as strong).
- Hull the strawberries, slice lengthwise, and add to the pitcher. Place the pitcher, covered, in the fridge overnight, or for at least four hours.
- When you remove the pitcher from the fridge, your margaritas will be a lovely pale pink color. Now all you have to do is serve them and wait for the compliments to pour in.
There we have it! Let us know your perfect cocktails: @tweetjanes